JOURNAL of DIGITAL
Guidelines for Submission
The Editors invite submissions in most electronic formats. However,
since the journal will be made available over the World Wide Web,
articles already in this format will require less modification
prior to publication. Formats, such as RTF and LaTeX, which are
easily converted to html are also very acceptable.
Authors are encouraged to submit formats other than text, however:
The editorial philosophy is to encourage authors to submit any
media that will benefit the user in understanding the article,
while reminding the author that not all readers will have access
to the correct hardware. In "non standard" cases the
author is encouraged to contact the editors in advance of submission
to discuss the options.
- it would be preferable to submit pictures, drawings, videos
and audio in formats for which there exist helper applications
on a wide range of architectures. Examples are GIF, JPEG. MPEG,
Quicktime and AU files.
- where authors wish to submit data in some more obscure format,
it would help if the author could supply pointers to viewers for
this format for as many architectures as possible.
- where the author wishes to submit an executable file, the
article should be constructed in such a way as for it to be readable without
running the executable.
- FTP all files to jodi.ecs.soton.ac.uk to directory
- email the chief editor, C.Mcknight@lboro.ac.uk, stating
the names of all the files that have been submitted.
- Provide meta-data concerning the article by returning this form.
back to the index.
||This page is maintained by the MMRG
Last modified: 27/03/98